Friday, November 6, 2009

The Apache Prayer

I saw this prayer in a gift catalogue. It was this fridge magnet with the Apache Prayer on it. As I read it I thought of how cool it actually was and how fitting it was for ultrarunners who are out there all day and sometimes all night. I thought of those dark and empty times on those long runs when I just felt like giving in but yet something inside me or outside me renewed my strength. I saw this prayer and thought about how we as long distance runners find motivation and energy from our surroundings probably more so than any other sport I’ve ever played. I thought I’d share it with you.

May the sun
bring you new energy by day.
May the moon
softly restore you by night.
May the rain
wash away your worries.
May the breeze
blow new strength into your being.
May you walk
gently through the world and know
its beauty all the days of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment